Town of Rollinsford, New Hampshire
Title: Assessing Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Hours: Part-time, Hourly (up to 16 hours weekly)
Pay Rate: $22.13 hourly (starting rate, depending on qualifications)
Supervisors: Select Board, Town Administrator
Date Approved: January 1, 2023
The Select Board for the Town of Rollinsford is seeking a part-time Assessing Clerk/ Administrative Assistant. The position primarily reports to the Select Board and may also receive requests for assistance from the Town and Finance Administrators. Please submit a brief letter of interest and a summary of qualifications or resume via email to the Select Board.
The Select Board is seeking an Assessing Clerk/Administrative Assistant to assist with the following administrative functions:
- Receives and processes current use applications, tax abatement requests, elderly and veterans exemption requests and charitable and non-profit exemption requests
- Entering property sales, owner and address changes in assessing software application
- Processes land use change tax, timber and gravel tax forms
- Receives and responds to assessing inquires and emails
- Performs annual update of tax maps
- Oversees and prepares the Select Board agendas.
- Arranges meetings at the request of the Select Board.
- Prepares public notices as requested by the Select Board.
- Manages or assists with providing notifications to the Town via:
- Town calendar
- Town website
- Town email
- Handles miscellaneous administrative functions for the Select Board such as printing, emailing, mailing or otherwise distributing documents.
- Handles Select Board’s correspondence and prepares responses as needed.
- Prepares press releases and reports as required and directed by the Select Board.
- As requested and needed, research information requested by the Select Board.
- Assists with other miscellaneous administrative tasks and projects upon request.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have or be able to attain a working knowledge of the applicable New Hampshire laws and regulations as related to the essential job functions
- High School or GED diploma required; 2- or 4-year college degree in related field preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and attention to detail are required
- Must be at least 18
- Subject to background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibility from time to time, as needed. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.