License Renewal by Mail – Easy as 1-2-3!
The 2018 deadline for Dog License renewal is April 30. Our mail-in renewal program for dog licenses is easy as 1-2-3!!
2. Include a check for the amount indicated on the renewal form that was mailed to you.
3. Include a self addressed stamped envelope to receive your license.
State law RSA 466:1 requires that every owner or keeper of a dog four months old or older must have it registered, numbered, described, and licensed annually in the city or town where the dog is kept.
- All dogs must wear their tags.
- Dog licenses are effective from May 1st through April 30th regardless of when they are obtained.
- Dog licensure fees are not pro rated.
- Dog licenses are valid throughout the State of New Hampshire and can be transferred to a new town for a fee of $1.50.
Dog License Q&A
WHERE DO I LICENSE MY DOG?
Register your dog in person at the Town Hall during regular business hours. Cash and checks are accepted.
CAN I RENEW A LICENSE BY MAIL?
Yes! If you’re renewing a license, you will receive a renewal form in the mail that you can return to us.
WHICH DOGS MUST BE LICENSED?
All dogs four months old or older must be licensed.
WHAT DO I NEED TO LICENSE MY DOG?
State law requires the owner or keeper of a dog to furnish proof that the dog has been vaccinated against rabies. NOTE: Invoices are not acceptable forms of proof of vaccination. You must have a current rabies certificate with a tag number and expiration date.
If the dog has been spayed or neutered, the owner or keeper needs to furnish the town with the proper documentation to receive the discount.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Puppy (4-7 months old) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $8.00
Neutered or spayed dog . . . . . . . . . . . . . $8.00
Unaltered male of female dog . . . . . . . $10.50
Senior citizen (65+) owner . . . . . . . . . . . $3.50*
* senior citizen discount is for the first dog, only
Guard, army, and police dogs . . . . . . . . No fee**
** service dogs require certification
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T LICENSE MY DOG?
Failure to license your dog is a violation of state law. A civil forfeiture fee will be assessed in the amount of $25.00 payable within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the notice of failure to register.
I NO LONGER HAVE A DOG, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Contact the Town Clerk who will update your record so you don’t receive future notices.
Email the Town Clerk