The Supervisors of the Checklist are elected officials serving the voters of Rollinsford each with terms of six years.
Duties of the Supervisors
Determine if an applicant is legally qualified to vote, and;
Update the Checklist of registered voters, which includes:
- entering newly registered voters
- making name changes and corrections
- making address changes and corrections
- removing voters no longer eligible to vote in Rollinsford
- changing party affiliations as the law permits
Determine Qualifications of Voting Applicants
When determining the qualifications of an applicant, the Supervisors of the Checklist shall require the applicant to present proof of citizenship, age, and domicile. (RSA 654:12)
- CITIZENSHIP: The following will be accepted as proof of Citizenship: birth certificate, a passport, and naturalization papers if the applicant is a naturalized citizen, or any other reasonable documentation which indicates the applicant is a U.S. citizen. If none of these is available, an Affidavit of Citizenship will be completed and sworn to in the presence of an authorized election official.
- AGE: Any reasonable documentation indicating the applicant is 18 years of age or older.
- DOMICILE: Any one of the following documents can be submitted as presumptive evidence that the applicant meets the domicile requirement: New Hampshire driver’s license, New Hampshire vehicle registration, Armed services ID or other photo ID issued by the U.S. government, a utility bill with current address.
Election Day Registration
The Supervisors of the Checklist are present at the polls on Election Day at which time qualified Rollinsford residents may register to vote, change name, change address and/or party affiliation. A person who registers to vote on election day will be required to complete the application for voter registration form and shall be required to produce appropriate proof of qualifications as provided in RSA 654:12.
The Supervisors of the Checklist will make all necessary changes to the town’s voting checklist. Approval of all changes will be made during posted public sessions. These sessions will be posted at the Rollinsford Town Hall, the Library, the Post Office and the Town website. State mandated sessions will be posted at the Rollinsford Town Hall and published in a newspaper of general circulation in the town.