The Town of Rollinsford is required to report annually to the EPA for an MS4 General Permit. The third year of reporting was completed last fall and the Select Board and Town Administrator are in the process of completing requirements and reporting for year 4. EPA requirements consist of many activities, some of which include:
- Catch basin maintenance, street maintenance, winter program maintenance
- Catchment investigations, stormwater mapping and outfall mapping, dry and wet weather sampling of outfall areas
- Providing public outreach information on lawn and septic care, pet waste disposal, industrial and developer construction cleanup, etc.
- Stormwater program development and construction runoff management
- Street design and green infrastructure reporting
- Employee training
- Development of long-term planning and maintenance for stormwater management activities
In addition to the MS4 General Permit requirements, the Town is also required to participate in a Non-Point Source Nitrogen Permit program. Separate, but related, requirements for reporting are required under this permit.
Required activities and reporting for both of these permits is extensive. The Select Board invites residents to join us for Stormwater and Select Board meetings to better understand the impact on the Town of Rollinsford. We are seeking volunteers for the Stormwater Committee. If you have an interest in learning more or have knowledge of water quality management practices and would like to serve your community, we encourage you to join us by contacting the Select Board. This is a great opportunity to be educated on the environmental issues and reporting for the Town of Rollinsford and contribute your time to our community. All meetings can be found on the Town Calendar and are sent via Town email.