Declaration of Candidacy is available at Town Office for the following positions:
• One Select Board member and overseer of the poor for (3) three year term;
• One Town Treasurer for (1) one year term;
• One Chief of the Fire Department for (1) one- year term;
• One member of the Supervisor of the checklist (6) six-year term;
• Three members of the Budget Committee for (3) three-year term;
• One member of the Budget Committee for (1) year term;
• One Trustee of the Trust Funds for (3) three-year term;
• One Trustee of the Library Trust for (3) three-year term;
• One Trustee of the Library Trust for (2) two -year term;
• One Trustee of the Cemetery Trust for (3) three-year term;
The filing period opens January 22, 2020 and closes January 31, 2020 Town Office business hours: Mon, Wed & Fri 9:00-1:00 and Tues & Thurs 3:00-7:00pm Special Sign-up Session will be held: Friday, January 31, 2020 from 3:00-5:00 pm
Respectfully submitted this 22th day of January 2020
Step back in time at Rollinsford’s historic Colonel Paul Wentworth House on Saturday and Sunday, January 18 and 19, and meet Captain John Harmon’s Snowshoe Company of Rangers, a group of historical reenactors who portray the soldiers who patrolled the New England frontier during the 1740s and 1750s.
Snowshoe companies were formed to patrol the colonial frontier during the long winters and protect the northern settlements from attack by the French and their Native American allies. Members of Harmon’s Company will be in residence at the Wentworth House and will demonstrate the use of flintlock muskets and traditional snowshoes, plus the clothing, equipment and tactics used by the frontier militia.
Visitors may also tour the Wentworth House; warm up by the hearth and watch food being prepared in 18th century fashion; and experience other aspects of winter life in colonial New England.
Event hours are Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm, and Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm. Admission is $5 for adults; the event is free for children and ARCH members.
The circa 1701 Wentworth House is located on Water Street in Rollinsford and is maintained by the Association for Rollinsford Culture and History (ARCH). For more information about this and other events at the Wentworth House, consult the ARCH website at paulwentworthhouse.org or Facebook at The Colonel Paul Wentworth House.